Comprehensive advanced data capture supports a world of applications
- Comprehensive advanced data capture
- High performance scanning on all barcodes
- 6 ft./ 1.8 m drop specification
- Government grade security with Zebra MAX Secure
- Lightweight ergonomic design
- Flexible horizontal or vertical mounting
- USB charging (no separate PSU required)
- Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR
The DS6878 series cordless imager offers the complete data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes in a wide variety of industries. This single device can capture all common bar codes (1-D, 2-D and PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays. The optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced capabilities, including: the ability to capture signatures, documents and photographs; optical character recognition (OCR) to capture the text in documents; and MICR to capture the numeric information on the bottom of checks. Electronic recordkeeping is enriched and checks can be instantly converted to electronic debit transactions, reducing the time and cost associated with processing paper checks as well as the risk of check fraud. Add easy remote management, business-class durability, future proofing and world-class support and you have a scanner that not only offers the advanced data capture features your users need, but also the extraordinary total cost of ownership (TCO) required to easily justify this technology investment.
Built on the revolutionary SE4500 scan engine, the DS6878-SR breaks the barriers that have long separated 1-D laser scanning and 2-D imaging technologies, delivering an industry first — 1-D laser scanning performance on 2-D bar codes. Businesses no longer need to sacrifice speed and scanning quality for bar code scanning diversity. Exceptional motion tolerance enables extraordinary scanning speed on all bar codes. The scanner can capture even poor quality and damaged bar codes, virtually eliminating exceptions. The easy to use device offers an intuitive aiming pattern and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager. And the patent-pending fast-pulse illumination consistently delivers the light required to capture the bar code, enabling use in virtually any type of lighting. The result is increased throughput — and productivity.
The DS6878-DL cordless imager offers the complete data capture functionality required to streamline and error-proof everyday processes in an ergonomic, comfortable and easy-to-use design. This single device can capture all common bar codes (1-D, 2-D and PDF417) on labels as well as on mobile phone displays. The on-board Driver’s License parsing agent enables the instant decoding of the bar coded information on driver’s licenses to support a wide variety of value-added applications.
The ability to roam up to 300 ft./100 m away from a host device offers cable-free convenience, improving safety and allowing the extension of advanced data capture in more applications and industries. The latest Bluetooth® technology — V2.1 with EDR — improves security and power management, offering superior protection for the wireless data traveling between scanner and host and helping to ensure ample power for full shift use.
The DS6878 series is built to survive everyday all day use in enterprise environments. The device offers the best-in-class drop specification — 6 ft./1.8 m drops to concrete. The result is dependable operation, despite the inevitable everyday drops and bumps.
Support for emerging bar code symbologies and industry trends helps future proof the DS6878, protecting lifecycle and TCO. The device can read GS1 bar codes to enable better inventory management, improve purchasing decisions and streamline supply chains. In addition, the ability to read bar codes that are displayed on cell phone screens enables mobile loyalty and mobile couponing programs — the latest trend in marketing and customer relationship management (CRM).
Comprehensive advanced data capture
- Eliminates the need to purchase multiple types of devices — captures 1-D, 2-D and PDF417 bar codes
- Optional hands-free presentation cradle enables additional advanced data capture capabilities, including: signatures; images of documents such as drivers licenses and insurance cards; photographs; OCR for the capture of printed text; and MICR for automated capture of check-related data and conversion of check-based transactions to electronic paperless debit transactions
Superior high performance scanning on all bar codes
- The integrated revolutionary SE4500 imager eliminates the performance degradation common in 2-D scanning, delivering: laser-like performance on both 1-D and 2-D codes; rapid and accurate capture of even poor quality and damaged bar codes; and full omni-directional scanning, which eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager, improves ergonomics and protects productivity
- Offers Zebrla’s best-in-class drop specification — the ability to survive 6 ft./ 1.8 m drops to concrete — ensuring reliable operation in spite of everyday drops and bumps
Government grade security with Zebra MAX Secure
- FIPS 140-2 certification enables compliance with the most stringent industry security regulations, including HIPAA, PCI and requirements for sensitive government applications ( requires FIPS configuration scanner and CR0078-P base)
Lightweight ergonomic design
- Easy to hold regardless of hand size; reduces fatigue; enables all day scanning comfort to protect productivity in scan-intensive applications
Flexible horizontal or vertical mounting
- Easy to mount in virtually any environment — from countertop to invisible under-the-counter installation in space constrained areas
*Eliminates the costs associated with purchasing, managing and providing power to a separate power supply
Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR
- Provides a secure wireless connection to the scanner base station for cordless convenience and safety
ZSM (Zebra Scanner Management) Ready
- Reduces total cost of ownership by enabling remote, network-based device management of all devices in all locations
Supports 123Scan scanner configuration tool
- Enables rapid and easy customized set-up through a free, wizard-based PC software too
Ideal Applications in:
- Point of Sale (POS) purchase transactions
- Mobile loyalty and couponing programs
- Electronic recordkeeping — capture of paper prescriptions, check-related data and more
- Payment processing — convert paper checks to electronic debit transactions
- Event admission gates
Travel and Transportation
- Boarding gates
State & Local Government
- Libraries — book checkout and return
- Border security — scanning of passports, visas and other government issued ID cards
We will be delighted to recommend and supply the right products for your project. Codeway provides full technical services and lifetime support to ensure a great return on investment year after year.
Ask Codeway to quote for • Label printers • Labels • Scanners • Automated identification systems • Mobile computers • Application software • Technical services
When you need software to support your business operations, Codeway specialises in data capture, data exchange and tracking systems for production, distribution and services.