Production · Warehouse · On site
BellHawk Online helps you fulfil orders on time by scheduling and tracking materials and operations in real time.
Real-time Track & Trace
Out of the box systems—ready to configure and use
BellHawk launched barcode tracking systems for NASA and USAF suppliers in 1989. Today many North American firms use BellHawk systems to make and ship orders on time. Smaller companies have unlocked growth and divisions of larger enterprises have transformed performance.
The systems track all jobs and material movements in real-time. BellHawk Online uses this data and artificial intelligence to schedule manufacturing and warehouse operations, also in real-time. This will help you deploy your resources to meet ever-changing order delivery dates and priorities.
Smart data capture
'Magic forms' help operators capture data on their terminals. The form adapts to the data as the user enters it. This minimises data entry—and avoids mistakes At the same time it ensures users record all necessary information, such as specific attributes for each type of material received.
BellHawk Online is ready to use once we have configured the system for you. This involves importing spreadsheets with your master data together with parameters, constraints and business rules. We suggest you start simple then extend. BellHawk's DEXBox makes it easy to exchange data with your business systems.
Manufacturing • Conversion (rolls, sheets) • Packaging • Industrial Distribution • Construction • Engineering • Test & Repair • Food • Pharmaceuticals • Life sciences
Material tracking • Operations tracking • Product tracking • Asset tracking • Demand driven supply • Production • Warehouse • Quality Control • Traceability • Compliance GS1 GMP FDA • Automated Data Exchange • Real-time Business Intelligence
Unique barcodes identify bins, boxes and other containers of materials and parts. BellHawk tracks the location of each container and the attributes of its contents such as sku, variant, quality status, owner, etc.
1. Key Features
All BellHawk Online systems feature real-time tracking and traceability, smart data entry, multiple units of meaure and product variants. Automatic data exchange with your business systems is built in. As is support for printing labels on demand, complying with standards like GMP and FDA, and advanced options.
How to control materials and operations at your facilities and project sites with tracking numbers.
How magic forms stop mistakes and capture the right data every time. Nothing could be simpler!
How to track to attributes like colour, length, grade and options with no extra part numbers.
How to print labels on demand and generate ASNs for parts, products and nested packaging.
How to exchange real-time data with business systems for orders, operations and inventory.
How to control quality and traceability. Comply with GMP/FDA rules. Avoid risk and chaos!
Bill Williams set out with BellHawk to track materials and then brought in simple production tracking. A year later he moved on to the full operations system to track work in progress and add demand driven scheduling.
2. BellHawk Online Base Systems
MATERIALS TRACKING and SIMPLE PRODUCTION TRACKING are starter systems. They may be all you need.
REALTIME OPERATIONS adds many more functions. It is the basis for full manufacturing, warehousing, installation and traceability systems.
WMS WAREHOUS MANAGEMENT options work with MATERIALS TRACKING or REALTIME OPERATIONS.
• Receive • Tag • Enter • Move
• Withdraw • Ship • Return
• Start • Stop • End Step
• Comment • History • Reports
• Purchasing • Materials
• Production • Shipment
The WMS tracks purchase orders, customer ship orders, picking and packing, and shipping of containers and nested containers. The label printing on demand option ensures barcodes on containers carry the same data as ASNs.
3. Warehouse Options
The BellHawk Online WMS option adds a warehouse management system to a MATERIALS TRACKING or REALTIME OPERATIONS base system.
The WMS bundle consists of four modules: PURCHASE ORDER, SHIP ORDER, PICK and SHIPPING DOCK. Each is available separately. DIRECTED PICKING and INVENTORY AUDIT are the two extra warehousing options.
• Create/import POs
• Receive against PO/ASN
• Approve for ERP/Accounts
• Create/import and ship SOs
• Generate WOs and POs
• See status of SOs and WOs
• Pick, pack and ship SOs
• Pick materials for WO steps
• Locate and rotate stock
• Stage picked items
• Check each item at loading
• See what is/is not loaded
• Replace paper pick lists
• Pick zone by zone
• Picker may select next zone
• Audit one location at a time
• Track variances for action
• Authorise adjustments
Four options extend production capability: 1. Plant utilisation (management); 2. Work Centre Scheduling (dates, rules); 3. Quality Control (defects, compliance); 4. Traceability (lot, serial number, recalls, compliance).
4. Production Options
How it works
• Track operation times and machine status
• Record plant and equipment utilisation
• Allocate costs to work orders and products
• Schedules operations in real-time
• Adapts to events and rush orders
• Supervisors can view status and adjust priorities
• Monitors all materials in need of inspection
• Records all checks and proves compliance
• Prevents use or shipment of defective material
• Maintain lot and serial number traceability
• Trace back to source and forward to customers
• Comply with GMP/FDA and other regulations
Operations management options: 1. Project (materials, job times, costing), 2. Available Inventory Prediction (AIP) (computes in real-time, informs make/buy), 3. Demand Driven MRP (uses AIP to issue work/purchase orders).
5. Operations Management Options
How it works
• Track project materials.
• Track project operations.
• Capture time and costs.
• Do the complex calculations.
• Predict materials by date.
• Decide what to make or buy.
• Use inventory predictions.
• Import BOMs from CAD.
• Issue purchase/work orders.
Industry system bundles: 1. Construction (materials, fabrication, installation), 2. Conversion (units of measure for rolls, sheets, lengths), 3. Food (processing, materials traceability), 4. Pharma (operations, serialisation, GMP/FDA).
6. Industry Systems
How it works
• Convert units of measure for rolls and sheets.
• Track multiple jobs on the same machine at once.
• Account for reusable materials, rework and scrap.
• Track materials, fabrication and installation.
• Cover multiple facilities, vehicles and sites.
• Allocate costs and materials to projects.
• Control ingredients • Serialise products.
• Trace materials, mixes, products, packaging.
• Comply with GMP/FDA process standards,
Operations management bundles: 1. Manufacturing Execution (demand driven mrp, production, fulfilment), 2. Warehouse receive, order/zone pick, pack, ship), 3. Materials Traceability (back, forward, recall ready).
7. Operations Management Systems
How it works
• Track operations in realtime
• Schedule work centre jobs
• Simplify material planning
• Receive • Pick • Pack • Ship
• Monitor orders in realtime
• View inventory in realtime
• Stop materials mistakes
• Track nested containers
• Be recall ready
BellHawk Online interface boxes: 1. DEXBox (automated data interchange), 2. LABELBox (print barcode labels on-demand), 3. WEIGHBox (capture weights, convert to count/length/area). 4. RFIDBox (automated tracking, totes, pallets)
8. IIOT Interface Applicances
How it works
• Exchange data with ERP and accounting systems
• Read and write data from local tables
• Exchange ASNs and other supply chain data
• Automate label printing across the plant.
• Print on demand during data capture.
• Eliminate labelling delays and errors
• Include weight in transactions automatically
• Convert weight to count, length or area
• Print barcode labels with weight and other data
• Automate tracking at key points
• Record new location of item or container
• Ideal for tagged pallets and totes
BellHawk Online will trace a food pack to back to its ingredients and packaging then forward from the plant to distribution centres. It can do the same for medicines, automotive parts, building components and—you name it.
BellHawk Online is available on SaaS subscription and for on-site rental.
Codeway and BellHawk configure the system for each customer as a professional service.
Pilot · Trials
We recommend customers select one area, such as receiving, stockroom or pallet tracking, for a pilot. 3 month renewable subscriptions are available for trials.