Enable high-volume hands-free scanning from the retail POS and airport boarding gate to the manufacturing production line with the Zebra DS457
- Tiny footprint
- Mounting accessories
- Omni-directional scanning
- Four models to meet any data capture need
- Scans any bar code on paper, mobile phones and computer displays
- 1-D, 2-D, & DPM codes, driver’s license parsing, stillimages, video & OCR
- Unique aiming pattern
- Scan trigger
Enable high-volume hands-free scanning from the retail POS and airport boarding gate to the manufacturing production line with the Zebra DS457. With comprehensive data capture, your workers can scan virtually any bar code — including 1-D, 2-D and direct part marks. No matter what type of bar code is presented, or whether it is printed on a paper label, etched into a product or displayed on a mobile phone screen, breakthrough digital imaging technology delivers extraordinary scanning speed. The tiny footprint fits in the most space constrained areas. Workers can choose presentation or trigger-activated mode, providing the flexibility for a wide variety of applications. And while the DS457 can be integrated into a wide variety of products, its sleek design is just as at home in customer-facing areas, such as a retail counter.
With stunning performance on virtually every bar code — 1-D and 2-D plus direct part marks — your workers can capture bar codes as fast as they can present items for scanning. There is never a need to pause between scans, protecting productivity.
The tiny DS457 is ideal where a zero or minimal footprint is required. At just 1.15 in. H x 2.3 in. L x 2.44 in. W (2.92 cm H x 5.84 cm L x 6.2 cm W), this device can be mounted just about anywhere — attached to the register or under the counter for a true zero footprint on the retail cashwrap to a space-constrained manufacturing cell or airport gate.
Your customers are rapidly adopting mobile bar codes — electronic versions of tickets, boarding passes and loyalty cards that can be carried right in the mobile phone. Since the DS457 can read bar codes on mobile phone and computer displays, you’re ready for this next generation bar code, protecting customer convenience, customer service quality and employee productivity.
The DS457 can be used as a standalone scanner or integrated into the most space-constrained products to bring world-class scanning performance to mobile computers, handheld scanners, self-service kiosks, medical and diagnostic instruments, lottery terminals and more. Integration into your product designs is easy — there is no optical, mechanical or electrical engineering required. And in the event you already have a Zebra Miniscan deployed today, the common interface allows you to simply swap scanners to cost-effectively boost scanning performance and quality — no re-tooling or redesign of the installation area are required.
Full omni-directional scanning eliminates the need to precisely align bar code and imager. A unique aiming pattern with a bright central dot ensures quick, accurate scanning — even in the brightest lighting. The result is a highly intuitive scanning function that increases worker productivity, virtually eliminating the need and cost associated with training.
Four Models to Meet any Application Needs
DS457-SR: Combination 1-D and 2-D bar code scanning.
- This standard range model is designed to meet the needs of a wide variety of applications, offering the largest working range possible on the largest variety of bar codes.
DS457-HD: Optimized for comprehensive 2-D bar code capture.
- Zebra took the DS457-SR Standard Range model and optimized the focus functionality to accommodate the very tiny and dense 2-D bar codes frequently found in manufacturing. Electronic manufacturers can ensure the right part is used at the right time on the production line. And pharmaceutical manufacturers can track product as it is produced and packaged to meet track and trace regulations.
DS457-DL: Combination 1-D and 2-D bar code scanning plus driver’s license parsing.
- Zebra added driver’s license parsing to the DS457-SR Standard Range model to enable the instant decoding of the bar coded information on any state driver’s license in the U.S. as well as other national ID documents to support a wide variety of value-added applications. At the retail POS, the DS457-DL allows effortless auto-population of credit and loyalty cards, as well as easy and error-proof age verification.
DS457-DP: Comprehensive support for 1-D and 2-D bar codes plus direct part marks.
- This powerful model starts with the high-density scanning capability of the DS457-HD, and adds new algorithms that ensure easy reading of anydirect part marks. Workers can easily capture even the most challenging direct part marks, including low-contrast marks printed on black plastic, black rubber, steel and cast-iron.
Features and Benefits
Scans any bar code on paper, mobile phones and computer displays
- Scan virtually any bar code on any medium; supports the mobile bar codes your customers are embracing
Comprehensive data capture — 1-D, 2-D, and DPM codes, driver ’s license parsing, still images, video and OCR
- Diverse series that can meet any fixed mount hands-free scanning need
Powerful 624 MHz processor, fast sensor shutter speed and patent pending fastpulse illumination
- Delivers extraordinary scanning speed on all bar codes; increases throughput and productivity
- Fits almost anywhere; enables ‘invisible’ under the counter installation
- Suitable for design conscious retail stores and other customer-facing areas
- Easily mount wherever needed — on cash registers, under counters and more
- No need to align bar code and scanner; improves ergonimics and user comfort
Unique aiming pattern
- Bright central dot ensures quick, accurate scanning — even in bright sunlight
- Can be used in either presentation mode for hands-free scanning or on-demand scanning via integrated scan trigger
- configuration tool Enables rapid and easy customized set-up through a free, wizard-based PC software tool
Compatible with SSI and SNAPI command interfaces
- Expands application flexibility with fast, simple communication plus support for advanced features between imager and host
Optional software developer kit (SDK)
- Provides familiar Microsoft Windows 2000 and XP platform support for rapid development of applications that integrate easily into the customer environment
Markets and Applications
- POS, ID verification, mobile coupons and loyalty card scanning, auto-fill of credit and loyalty card applications
- Error proofing on clean conveyors in electronic manufacturing, track and trace in pharmaceutical manufacturing
Travel and Transportation
- Scanning of mobile and paper-based boarding passes and tickets at airports, train stations and bus terminals
- Access control at border crossings, military bases and more
- Integrate into a broad range of devices, from self-service kiosks to medical instruments
What do you want to do? What quotes do you need? What problem would you like us solve? Our aim at Codeway is to provide you with the best hardware and software for the job. Plus the media, systems and support you need to boost productivity and performance. A well priced package of products and services for a great return on investment, year after year.