The Thor VM1 vehicle-mount computer, developed by Honeywell, provides unprecedented flexibility, and with it, breakthroughs in supply chain productivity.
- 1.6GHz Atom Z530 processor
- 8" WVGA (800x480) LED backlit display
- Industrial resistive touch panel
- Microsoft® Windows operating system
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g
- Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR
- Sealed to IP66
- WWAN, WLAN & Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Field-replaceable front panel
- Quick Mount Smart Dock system
- Ignition control system
- Optional touchscreen defroster
- Integrated assisted GPS
In today’s supply chain, the only constant is change. Disruptions, whether short-term like a forklift failure, or long-term like a natural disaster, are a fact of life. The supply chains best prepared to adapt to these disruptions will use mobile computing technology that gives them greater flexibility. The Thor VM1 vehicle-mount computer (VMC), the tenth generation of VMC developed by Honeywell, provides unprecedented flexibility, and with it, breakthroughs in supply chain productivity.
The VM1 combines a fast 1.6GHz Atom Z530 processor, WWAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth®wireless connectivity, and a Microsoft® Windows CE 6.0 or Windows® Embedded Standard operating system, with three breakthrough innovations that can create immediate time savings and productivity gains. A field-replaceable front panel empowers the end user to repair the most common breaking point of vehicle-mount computers, or convert a standard-temp unit to a freezer-ready unit, in a matter of minutes, with only a screwdriver.
The VM1’s Quick Mount Smart Dock separates the computer from the power supply, letting a user undock the unit from one forklift and redock it on a second vehicle, without missing a single transaction. And the VM1’s ignition control feature allows the user to set power management preferences to save startup time and extend vehicle battery life.
Features and Benefits
- Enables mounting and removal in seconds like a laptop dock but with the ruggedness and sealing required for industrial applications; maximizes efficiency by dynamically shifting workers and computers as the workload changes, while minimizing maintenance cost by enabling a computer to be shifted from one vehicle to another in 1/6 the standard time.
Field-Replaceable Front Panel:
- Reduces capital and maintenance cost by integrating the two most wear and abuse prone components, the keyboard and touchscreen, into a user-replaceable part; reduces capital costs by substituting spare front panels for spare computers.
- Eliminates the maintenance expense and lost productivity caused by a dead vehicle battery; unit can be configured to automatically go into standby or hibernate at a selectable time after the ignition switch is turned off, saving time for associates while eliminating a point of concern for warehouse management.
We will be delighted to recommend and supply the right products for your project. Codeway provides full technical services and lifetime support to ensure a great return on investment year after year.
Ask Codeway to quote for • Label printers • Labels • Scanners • Automated identification systems • Mobile computers • Application software • Technical services
When you need software to support your business operations, Codeway specialises in data capture, data exchange and tracking systems for production, distribution and services.