The Thor VM1 vehicle-mount computer, developed by Honeywell, provides unprecedented flexibility, and with it, breakthroughs in supply chain productivity.
- 1.6GHz Atom Z530 processor
- 8" WVGA (800x480) LED backlit display
- Industrial resistive touch panel
- Microsoft® Windows operating system
- WLAN 802.11 a/b/g
- Bluetooth® 2.0+EDR
- Sealed to IP66
- WWAN, WLAN & Bluetooth wireless connectivity
- Field-replaceable front panel
- Quick Mount Smart Dock system
- Ignition control system
- Optional touchscreen defroster
- Integrated assisted GPS
In today’s supply chain, the only constant is change. Disruptions, whether short-term like a forklift failure, or long-term like a natural disaster, are a fact of life. The supply chains best prepared to adapt to these disruptions will use mobile computing technology that gives them greater flexibility. The Thor VM1 vehicle-mount computer (VMC), the tenth generation of VMC developed by Honeywell, provides unprecedented flexibility, and with it, breakthroughs in supply chain productivity.
The VM1 combines a fast 1.6GHz Atom Z530 processor, WWAN, WLAN, and Bluetooth®wireless connectivity, and a Microsoft® Windows CE 6.0 or Windows® Embedded Standard operating system, with three breakthrough innovations that can create immediate time savings and productivity gains. A field-replaceable front panel empowers the end user to repair the most common breaking point of vehicle-mount computers, or convert a standard-temp unit to a freezer-ready unit, in a matter of minutes, with only a screwdriver.
The VM1’s Quick Mount Smart Dock separates the computer from the power supply, letting a user undock the unit from one forklift and redock it on a second vehicle, without missing a single transaction. And the VM1’s ignition control feature allows the user to set power management preferences to save startup time and extend vehicle battery life.
Features and Benefits
- Enables mounting and removal in seconds like a laptop dock but with the ruggedness and sealing required for industrial applications; maximizes efficiency by dynamically shifting workers and computers as the workload changes, while minimizing maintenance cost by enabling a computer to be shifted from one vehicle to another in 1/6 the standard time.
Field-Replaceable Front Panel:
- Reduces capital and maintenance cost by integrating the two most wear and abuse prone components, the keyboard and touchscreen, into a user-replaceable part; reduces capital costs by substituting spare front panels for spare computers.
- Eliminates the maintenance expense and lost productivity caused by a dead vehicle battery; unit can be configured to automatically go into standby or hibernate at a selectable time after the ignition switch is turned off, saving time for associates while eliminating a point of concern for warehouse management.
Do tell us what you want to do, ask for a quote, give us your problem to solve. Our aim at Codeway is to provide you with the best hardware and software for the job. Plus the media, systems and support you need to boost productivity and performance. A well priced package of products and services for a great return on investment, year after year.